O Gauge Trains – Download Free EBook
Definition and History
O gauge trains refer to the models that are made especially for a certain size which is defined as 1:48 minimum radius and 24 inches. When buying model trains of O gauge you must also buy the corresponding tracks and landscape so that the models fit on the tracks and the landscape looks realistic.
This particular set of size standard is one of the biggest and is commonly used for toys and garden exhibitions. It was first used in Germany by the manufacturer Marklin way back in 1900 then this standard was adopted by the United States after the wars due to its popularity. Because this size is the biggest you need to make sure that you have enough room to build your model railway layouts, check out the free ebook download above to get some helpful information on this.
Lionel Trains Polar Express Train Set – O Gauge
This is one of the most popular train designs out there because of its majestic beauty, most hobbyists aim to buy this particular model. Check out the features below:
- Neutral, reverse and forward operation via a transformer.
- Puffing smoke, working headlights and air whistle to give a rich realistic effect.
- High quality die cast metal framework.
- Rolling stock and on rear tender operating couplers.
- Free maintenance parts which include a motor, two handrails and two traction tires.
- Interior lighting and silhouettes on the passenger cars.
Locomotives and Landscape
When choosing landscape compoents such as trees, buildings and people you need to be aware that their relative size to the tracks and locomotives is very important. They must both adhere to the same gauge which might be O or N but they must be the same. This is to ensure that the complete layout has a realistic feel to it.